Monday, November 19, 2007

Two Dogs and A Hippo

This morning started off with me tripping over a whole huge box of Honeycomb. My kids love to eat cereal right out of the box. I figure it saves on washing dishes and milk! Most of the box spilled out onto the floor and the dog raced for the spilled cereal like his life depended on it. It is funny how he goes crazy for the littlest crumb. Brian and I have moved furniture for him because he paws and whines at, only to discover one lonely Cheerio! We laugh at all he goes through to get one little scrap! And it's not like he doesn't get fed every night and then tons of table food too!

Well, today the boys decided to join him in cleaning up the mess. Brian crawls over to the spilled cereal and calls for Sean, "Hey Sean, let's be dogs like Roc!" And of course Sean says, "I want to be a hippo!" So, he crawls over with Brian and they begin to lick cereal up off the floor. I laugh a and in my mind I try to remember the last time the floor was vacuumed. Oh well, a little dirt will never hurt them! I timed them - they got it all up within the five second rule time allotment! So, no worries! Maybe Santa should bring collars and leashes and food bowls!

The funny thing is, I remember playing dog with my brother. My Mom used to put out bowls of water in he kitchen and we would crawl around and drink the water. We would brush up against her legs and want to be scratched behind the ears. Man kids are weird! Can you imagine going into the office crawling and rubbing up against your fellow coworkers. I think the men in the van with the white jackets would soon be called! But when kids do it, you take pictures and put them on your blog!

Roc was first on the scene

Brian and Sean get there nextBrian Dogbig bites!Sean Hippo

No comments: