Friday, February 22, 2008

Brian's 7th Birthday!

I always say that I cannot believe how big Justin is getting. Well this time I cannot believe that Brian is seven years old! How in the world do I have a seven year old! The time has gone by so quickly! Brian has grown up a lot over the past year. He has become an excellent reader and is writing better too. I can see improvements in just about everything that he does.

He is more stubborn than any kid I know. He has a mean temper and likes to win. He is motivated and driven. He is a people pleaser and usually makes the right choices. He is very coordinated and loves to play sports. He is kind and caring and compassionate. He has a lot of great friends. He is a good big brother. He likes to help. He does well in school. He is a risk taker. He is afraid of any of the things that kids are usually afraid of. He loves sports jerseys. He likes to pretend that he famous sports figures. He likes to watch ESPN. He loves chocolate, meatballs, ham, and roast beef hoagies.

I love Brian more than I could ever express. I really understand him because we are alike in so many ways. I like to go into his room at night and just watch him sleep. Sometimes it all sees surreal and I cannot believe that I am his mom. We have some great talks and I love getting to know the person that he is becoming. He has his own thoughts and ideas about the world and sometimes I am lucky and he shares them with me. Thanks Brian for the joy that you bring to my life!

He loved all of his presents and I let him open them before school since he got ready with so much time to spare. He said his favorite gift was a pair of football cleats! He did like the jerseys too. I never thought that by age seven that my kid would be close to growing out of Toys R Us. He is having a harder and harder time picking out things every time we go in there with a gift card.

Brian did get another gift for his birthday - snow! Which is neat because we have not had very much of it at all this year. It did snow with an inch or two of accumulation a few weeks ago, but it was at night and most of it was gone by the next morning. This is the first time that they got to run around in it and they only had a few minutes before school. It is a good thing that I kept the tags on their snow pants!

the morning of his birthday
Brian Westbrook jersey
LeBron James jersey
Brian in the snow!
Sean in the snow

1 comment:

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Happy birthday, Brian! Hope he got to celebrate with a lot of chocolate this weekend too.