Sunday, February 17, 2008

Name that Movie!

I was watching a movie with Brian and Sean this morning. I was laughing so much. Most of the time when they are watching a movie, I am doing a million other things. I have to, because this is down time for them. I know where they are and what they are doing, so it allows me precious time to get things done. But once in a while, we all sit together and watch togeher. Then I relaize how funny kids movies are! Yes, there is definitely the kid humor - but there is also a lot of adult humor hidden in some movies too. The good ones anyway!

I loved the movie Sky High. It was about a special school for kids that have super powers. The kids didn't understand but I though it was so funny that the school's principal was Wonder Woman from when I was a kid. (aka Lynda Carter) Many of the Disney movies also have funny things that are over the kid's heads. I will give you a hint - the movie we watched this morning was a cartoon but it was not Disney. Can you guess it from the following dialog?

Pig - Man that looks like it hurts!
Duke - That's very profound, insight man.
Pig - Well excuse me for being a pig!
Freddy - How come nothing is happening?
Peck - She's, uh, gonna be alright though, huh?
Pig - Yea, like what if it gets stuck or something?
Freddy - Ya mean, what like stuck half way, so, so, she'd be a cow and a half?
Pig - I didn't say cow and a half!
Freddie - Yes, you did. You just did!
Pig - Duke, Did I just say cow and a half?
Duke - I'm not doin' this!

No comments: