Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Calendar Camouflage

All I can say is - Sean does it again. I thought that maybe his wall drawing days were over. The last time was a doozie - if you missed it, you can read it here. I was writing something on the calendar in the kitchen and flipped a page to look at March. As I did this, I noticed something on the wall when the calendar moved. There it was - pencil scribble hidden behind the calendar!

I didn't need to question anyone, I knew it was Sean. Brian has never, ever drawn on the walls or furniture or anything else he wasn't supposed to draw on! I guess when Justin gets a little older I may have some interrogations to do. But due to the difference in their ages and even if Justin takes more after Sean than Brian, I should still be able to figure out who did what!

So, I called him into the kitchen and told him to look at the calendar.

Sean - What do you want me to do?
Me - Move the calendar and look behind it
Sean- I don't want to see behind it. (he knew I was onto him)
Me - Why, Sean?
Sean - Because I want to wear boots and play golf.
Me - (wondering if at age four if he has already mastered changing the subject) Sean?
Sean - Ooops. It was an accident. Sorry, Mom.
Me - How are you going to get the pencil off the wall?
Sean - I dunno. Wait! Be right back!
(he returns with a pencil)
Sean - Look I can just erase it! No problem lady.
Me - (holding back laughter - lady?) Okay. Did you draw anywhere else?
Sean - Nope. We only have one calendar on the walls.

I guess it is a good thing that we only have one calendar hanging up on the wall. The pencil eraser worked a little and after he made his best effort, I let him go back to playing. The rest of the pencil came off with a Magic Eraser - I don't know what I would do without them! They helped with Sean's last wall mural and I am sure they will come in handy in the future. The inventions that make my life easier are wonderful, I just wish I had thought of even one of them first - and got the patent to the idea!

Luckily there have not been any more potty wipe incidents! I hope that I did not just jinx myself! As I am typing this I wonder if his logic of hiding his artwork has been applied to things other than calendars. I think I had better check behind the pictures and mirrors and other things hanging on the walls. Just in case...




Sean looking at the calendarsurprise!erasing the 'artwork'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I so needed a laugh today and this was it! Thank you very much!