Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Tomato

I was really proud of Brian Sr. today; he made a sandwich and put tomato on it. It was healthy and he put it on a sandwich. I thought, wow I am making some progress trying to get him to eat better. He did eat a pile of chips, but I can't win them all. I should try smacking him in the head for not eating vegetables like on the V-8 commercial!

Then I went into the kitchen and saw that we have some work to do with food storage. He cut some of the tomato and then put it back on the window sill! So close, yet so far! Oh well, for another day! It is funny how he can store so much useless information and yet have so much important information missing. He can beat me hands down at music, movie, pop-culture, and sports trivia. Truth be told, I have no room to store this information in my brain.

Sometimes I will get half way through a movie before I realize that I have seen it before. But I can tell you the brand and size and price of about everything that I need to buy. And where the cheapest place to buy each thing is. I can keep track of school schedules and feeding schedules. I pay all the bills on time and remember to send out thank-you notes. I remember doctor's appointments and who needs what and when. I know the sizes clothes and shoes for all of the kids - and husband! I remember Brian Sr.'s social security number and bank account numbers. I know which brands to avoid because they contain either diary products or tree nuts. I have even memorized my debit card number! And on and on and on...

He thinks his 'stuff' is more important, I beg to differ. I call him Cliff from Cheers! Not only does he have way to much useless information stored in his brain like Cliff, he even quotes him. His favorite is, "It's a dog eat dog world, and I am wearing Milkbone underwear!"

work in progress?

No comments: