Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A Taste of Spring!

Just a tiny taste. It was like having your favorite dessert barely in your mouth and then having it taken away. It was almost 70 degrees here today and so beautiful. We have had a mild winter so far - it is strange in NJ to not have used our snow shovels yet. We only had one small coating that was gone by morning and we have had some freezing rain and ice. The boys have not used their snow pants or boots. Well, Sean has used the boots but he doesn't need foul weather to break out the boots! He doesn't wear them as often, but he still really likes the convenience of them!

My mom came over to play with the boys and I took the opportunity to get the garage cleaned out. Now it will be clean when spring arrives and I can enjoy the weather without having to work! Also, if we get another nice day the boys will be able to get to their toys. I have no idea how the garage goes to pot every winter. We clean it out every spring and without fail as winter nears its close, the garage looks like we had an earthquake in there!

Come to think of it, this happens throughout my whole house. I get a room or series of rooms free of clutter and dirt and completely organized. Everything has a place and purpose. A few months later, it looks as if no one ever organized anything. Ugh! It is so frustrating and it doesn't help that I have an obsession with neatness and organization. It really drives me crazy to have things in disarray. So much in fact that I want to organize things where ever I go!

Don't worry if I have ever been to you house! I don't look down or judge others, I just like things orderly and that is my quirk. I sometimes have to fight the urge to organize - maybe at a store or at a friend’s. It especially happens at Brian Sr.'s office. I think he is missing the NOO gene. You know the Neat-Organized-Orderly gene. Most men I know are missing this, so he shouldn't feel bad. I am just glad that I have been cursed blessed with it. I cannot even imagine what our house would look like if I was missing the gene too. I might break out in hives just thinking about it!

I am in the 'how in the world did my house get destroyed' phase right now. There is just so much to do. I am cleaning and organizing in a frantic manner. I must look like a squirrel that has not saved enough for the winter and is running around frantically in two feet of snow. When I have had enough, I do feel that sense of urgency to get things systemized. It is a good thing that I don't live alone or I would be up for days until it was finished. Well, maybe not but it would be close!

Right now I am trying to go through Justin's clothes and figure out what I will keep for when we bring Kathryn home. I have heard that when the babies arrive home, they wear anything from 6-9 months up to 18 months! I am keeping some of the unisex stuff and plain colored sweats and shirts. I figure she can wear a cute pink top with grey sweats - at least to play outside. Right?

Then I have tons of wash to put away and to go through the boys' toys! Their school is having a Rainy Day toy drive to replenish their toys for recess and lunch when it rains or is too cold! Yea, an excuse to get rid of some things. I love having something worthwhile to give things to. I hate to throw things away and only do it as a last resort.

lazy dog


Brian, I mean LaDanian

deep in thought
boys and their trucks
Hi Mom!
Who me? so serious
watching my brothersblue eyes the end!

No comments: