Saturday, February 23, 2008

Brian's Party

Brian had a flag football party at a local party center. They have an indoor field and the kids all had a great time. There was also a giant slide, a fun zone play place, and video games. Brian scored two touchdowns and Sean even scored one. We didn't have the heart to tell him it was in wrong end zone - he was so excited and proud. I know with all the running around that the kids would be ready for bed that night.

After the kids played, we had pizza and a football field cake. Brian got a lot of great presents and loved everything that he got. He was especially excited about the cash since he and Sean are saving for a Nintendo Wii! I knew a few weeks ago that they would probably have enough money after his birthday. So, I had been looking for a Wii for weeks. I was calling places and checking online and going to stores when they opened! The things parents go through to get things for their kids. I just didn’t want them to be upset when they finally saved enough money and then there was no Wii to be found for weeks or even months! I didn’t want them to suffer because some company was taking advantage of the law of supply and demand.

Then I was at an office supply store making copies of the PTA newsletter for Brian's school. While the copies were being run off, I ran next door to Toys R Us to make a return. I asked the woman if she knew if they would be getting any Wiis in anytime soon. I knew I had an apologetic look on my face, I cannot imagine how many times a day she gets asked the same question. To my surprise, she told me they had just gotten a shipment of three of them a few minutes ago. I told her I wanted to buy one and she handed it to me from behind the counter! I was so exited! I still cannot believe that they are still in such high demand even two months after the holidays!
Oh - another big event for Brian's birthday - Justin got his fourth tooth. It was the top middle one on his right! Now we can't call him fang anymore!


playing flag football

getting wrist bands

Brian ready to play

Justin wearing his jersey

Brian's cake

Sean caught in the act

Brian ready to blow out his candles

Sean on the giant slide



After the party, Brian got to pick a few friends to sleep over. For most of them, it was their first sleepover! They came over and watched Brian open his presents. After that they decided to wrestle with Brian Sr. - what fun is a sleep over without a little time to beat up a Dad! The boys ate popcorn and gummy bears and chocolate covered pretzels. At about 9:30 pm we told them to get into their sleeping bags and put in a movie. It took forever for all six of them to agree on something to watch. They finally agreed on Superman - the old one with Christopher Reeve.

Being that they were all four to seven year old boys, they had a good laugh at the beginning scenes where Superman came to Earth as a baby. You know where he was a baby - and NAKED! Not much is funnier to them than being naked - well maybe bathroom humor. When they started laughing about nakedness, Sean decided that he could be funny too and took off his pjs. But, they didn't think that he was funny being naked and pretended to shield their eyes form him! After seeing the naked baby, Brian's friend Jerry asked, "What kind of movie is this anyway?" I was laughing so hard.

The boys ended up staying up until a little after 11:00 pm and the first few were awake at about 6:15 am! Yikes! I am glad that Brian Sr. slept in the living room with them and I could sleep until about 7:30 am when Justin woke up. I made them all Belgium Waffles and then we took them to basketball practice. All of them were full of energy and no one would have ever known that they barely got seven hours of sleep the night before.

wrestlinggroup shot

No comments: