Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Cool Whip Baby

I guess Justin heard the doctor when he said he was under weight for his height and age, or maybe he saw the little pen dot fall off the curve. But whatever it was, he has decided that he likes to eat more lately. And one of the things that he loves to do is to share a before bed snack with his Dad. One of his favorite snacks is Cool Whip and graham crackers! And who can argue with Cool Whip! He really likes ice cream too, but I don't buy it very often.

He gets so excited when he sees Brian go into the kitchen; excited in a way that only a baby can do. It is totally pure excitement with no other emotions in the way. He waves his arms in an almost frantic manner - and it is always both arms in unison! He kicks his legs too - sometimes they move in time with his arms and other times they do their own thing. When excited he always has a big smile on his face and breathes in and out very quickly. Sometimes he even scrunches up his nose and sniffs loudly! It is so cute!

That is one of the many things that I love about babies. They put all of their emotions out there for all to see. When they are happy and joyful, it is written so clearly on their faces and in their body language. And when they are mad or frustrated, there is no denying it! I have been lucky in that all the boys were/are really happy babies. Most of the time they are happy kids, but at the times when they are not - watch out!

I would love to trade places with Justin, if only for one relaxing evening. Ahh, to just escape the stresses of adulthood for a short time! No chores or errands or driving. No bills to pay or accounts to balance. No worries about saying too much or not enough or the wrong thing - there is nothing to say! Plenty of hugs and kisses and tickels! Tons of naps and being cared for 24/7!

Actually, if I was going to change places with someone in the house, it would probably have to be with the dog. We call him the freeloader since he gets taken care of but doesn't do much in return. Lucky for him, all we need is his puppy love! Roc gets to nap whenever he wants, chase a few birds, and bark at the mailman! Even Justin has so eat and sleep according to a schedule. It would be so wonderful to be Roc for the weekend! I would be so rested and content. I might not know what to do with all the down time! But I would take it. All the added rest might even help with the lines and super size bags that seem have invaded my eyes permanently!

Okay, so how I got from Cool Whip to changing places with the dog, I have no idea! Such is my life and the inspiration for my blog title. It is fun though! I love getting lost sometimes and the adventures that can come from it- whether it is in life or in my mind. It is exciting to travel off the beaten path and find the simple pleasures of life. Well, that is, unless you have somewhere important to be.
Whoever said to always stop and smell the roses has some good advice, but they didn't account for being stuck in traffic coming home from Target with a kid waiting to be picked up from school! Many times I have been out doing things and looked at my watch in a panic to get to school for pick-up! But after the kid is safely picked up, I say go ahead and stop to look at flowers or bugs or rocks or whatever you like once in a while! And don't be afraid to get lost sometimes!

Cool Whip mustache

No comments: