Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day 2008

Happy Valentine's Day! We spent the day at home and I got a few small things for the boys and a card for Brian Sr. I am not really into Valentine's Day - it means spending too much money on flowers and candy because the prices were increased for one day. I understand the whole supply and demand concept, but there is a difference between that and totally taking advantage of the consumer. So, I tell Brian no flowers! If he really wants to get me flowers he can do it a week later when they are back so normal prices. I am not a big fan of roses anyway, I prefer tulips and carnations and daisies. I also have no desire to go out to dinner - why would I want to wait hours just to eat an overpriced dinner! We had spaghetti and meatballs and the kids wanted cereal. It was a holiday so I let them do as they pleased!

Cupid Justin
my Valentine
In case anyone needs a laugh today, I had to scan the card that I got for Brian Sr. It is really funny and rings so true for us. He and his friends always talk about farting when they are first dating a girl. They try to hold it in or go to the bathroom or wait until they get out of the car. Chivalry at its best! Brian, of course, no longer extends this courtesy to me. He and the boys and the dog have no problems smelling up our house – and laughing about it. I guess I will never totally understand the bathroom humor thing! I am not one of those girls that pretends to never fart but I definitely don’t come close to the frequency of the boys. Or the toxicity for that matter!

He also no longer opens the car door or any other door for me. But that is because most of the time when we go out, the kids are with us and that means getting them in the car.
Getting kids in the car is not always easy - you have to make sure they are properly dressed, have gone to the bathroom or have a fresh diaper, and pack the things you will need. Then when they run out the front door, they have to take a few laps around the front yard just for fun.

When they finally get in the car, then they have to sit still in their seats long enough for you to buckle them. By the time they are all buckled, someone is crying and someone else needs or forgot something. I swear that it is like bed time, someone needs a drink or a snack or a hat or a toy! So, by the time Brian put me in the car, we would have to get the kids back out because it would be too late to go anywhere!
Brian's card

No comments: