Monday, September 3, 2007

Crayon Trouble

I wanted to give Sean a haircut today, so I got out the clippers and went to look for him. He was in the downstairs bathroom and said he would need to be wiped soon. I told him I would be right back and went outside to set up the stool and get the extension cord. I came back in to help him out and he is calling me from the upstairs bathroom. I thought it was really strange that he had changed bathrooms - but things like this happen with Sean all the time. As I was walking up the steps, Brian comes running out of the downstairs bathroom yelling that Sean drew on the walls! He was really, truly happy to be getting Sean in trouble! I immediately turned around and the pictures to follow are what I found. The funny thing is that he always draws jellyfish, so he gave himself away instantly.

So, Sean is still upstairs on the potty. I go up and pretend I don't know what happened-
Me: "Sean, why did you switch bathrooms?"
Sean: "Because I wanted to look out the window up here while I was pooping."
Me: "Do you know anything about the crayon drawings on the walls downstairs."
Sean: - "Nope." (with a half smile and big wide eyes)
Me- "Remember we don't lie in this house, do you want to try again?"
Sean - "Okay, but the walls are white and I thought they were paper."
(We have talks about only drawing on paper and in coloring books)
Me- (holding back laughter) You know that paper and walls are different things."
Sean - "Well, I was pooping and had nothing else to do."
(He is really grasping at straws now)
Me - "Maybe next time you can get a book to read- that would have been a better decision."
Sean - "I'm sorry Mommy. I love you!"
Me - "You know better than to draw on walls and when we get to the pool you will have a time-out before you can get in the water."
Sean - (crying) "I won't do it anymore, no time outs!"
Me - "You broke the rules so you get a time out."
Sean - (still trying his best) "Brian left the crayon out on the table so he needs a time-out too!"
Me - "Brian will be told to clean up his messes but you still drew on the walls."
Sean - (finally giving up with a sad puppy dog face) "Okay Mommy"

Sean's drawing
on the mirror
jellyfish on the walls

No comments: