Sunday, September 9, 2007

Justin's Baptism

Justin's Baptism went well. He cried through more than half of it but the priest had a great sense of humor! The crying helped to drown out some of the talking by the kids there - including mine! Justin really liked having the water poured over his head - it seemed to sooth the crying beast! He also was amazed by the stain glass windows. Brian carried him over when he was crying and he stopped immediately and just stared.

During the ceremony the priest asks questions of the parents and God-parents. The first question to Brian and I was, "What name do you give this child?" I replied, "Justin Andrew." Complete silence from the kid's father. I glance over and he is still awake. The next question, "What do you ask for him today?" I say, "That he be baptised." Again silence from the guy next to me. Okay, we have already done this two times before! If this were a cartoon they would flash to him with cricket sounds! Anybody home? The priest laughs and says, "You will never guess how many parents say nothing when I ask these questions. Don't they know their own kids name?" I told you he had a sense of humor! He also liked the shoes. And Brad, the God-father was a little late (he has a 3 month old girl). The priest asked, "Where is the God-father, busy stealing home?" (Brad plays baseball for the Camden Riversharks) Ha ha ha!

The BBQ went well - burgers and dogs to go around. Oh and something else I forgot - the cheese. Brian found some cheese while I was at Sean's pre-school. It was diet fat free cardboard cheese so I didn't put it out. I guess if the burger is greasy enough, that the cheese tastes better. Oh well no one seemed to notice! My sister-in-law Kelly is Justin's God-mother. She made him a beautiful cake in the shape of a cross. I didn't get a picture because they cut the cake before I got home from Sean's school. But my brother is sending me a picture.

Justin

God-parentsMe, Brian and JustinJustinclose-up of the sneaks
Brian, Sean, Alexa and Morgan

the ceremonya blessingready to go home!

No comments: