Saturday, September 22, 2007

My Dad is the Boss!

Brian had a friend over after soccer today and they were arguing about whose Dad works the least. Not the best or the most but the least. It started because they were playing with plastic tools and were a work crew. They were deciding who should be the boss. So Brian says, "My Dad is the boss at his work!" Alexis says, "My Dad is the boss too!" (all tied up!)

Then Brian says, "My Dad doesn't do any work. He just sits at his desk on the computer. Sometimes he has to talk to people and tell them how to play golf!" Alexis is right with him and says, "My Dad is on the computer and the phone all day too. And sometimes he has to drive somewhere and tell people what to do!" (extra innnings)

After this they decide to both be the boss since both of their Dad's seem to equally do no work! I guess that is why it is so great to be an adult from a kid's view. You get bigger and stronger. You can stay up all night. You can watch PG-13 movies. You can eat cake for breakfast. You can have a cat. You can mow the lawn whenever you want. You get to use real tools. You can tell people what to do. You can wear shorts and a tank top in January. You don't have homework! You have a job, get paid, and do no work! Sounds pretty good to me - where do I sign up?

After they played with the tools, they decided to hop. You know that fun thing kids do when there is nothing else better to do. Let's just exercise and tire ourselves out because we can! Alexis says, "Look, I can hop on one foot!" So, Brian and Sean hop on one foot. Alexis says, "I can hop like this for 24 hours!" So Brian and Sean keep hopping. Then she says, "Well I could hop for 24 hours, but my mom will tell me to go to bed so I probably won't be allowed to!" Oh, if only she were a grown-up then she could hop on one foot for 24 hours whenever she wanted!

No comments: