Thursday, September 6, 2007

The Amnesia has Subsided!

Brian opened up a little more about school today. He finally remembered who sits at his table. And he remembered, as always, who got in trouble - making sure he reminds me that he was not one of them! Brian remembered who he ate with at lunch - shout-out to Kyle! I asked if he said the Pledge of Allegiance, figuring this was an easy one. And he said, with a serious face, "I don't think so, I think it is a Kindergarten thing." Okay, wasn't the response I was looking for. I know they probably did say it today and I know he said it everyday in Pre-K. I really hope he is not starting with short-term memory loss at age 6 - he will really be in trouble by the time he has kids!

I found out they had gym class and asked him what he played. I got this answer, "Mom we didn't play! We did exercises to make us healthy!" So he really was listening today - in gym class anyway. Isn't that most boys' favorite subject, or is that lunch? He remembered that he had to switch seats with someone today and I asked if he was okay with that. He told me "Yea, the person that got switched was always talking and I was trying to do my work!" That's my boy!

Not sure I will ever get a response like that from Sean. He will be the one everyone comes home talking about - You'll never guess what Sean did today Mom! Can you believe Sean was hanging from the ceiling fan, again? Sean had a great day - only had his name on the board 18 times - do they even still do that? No seriously, I love Sean to death and he is a great kid. And he really is well behaved -as much as any 4 year old can be anyway. He is, let's say - mischievous, adventuresome, spirited - and even in photos the twinkle shows up in his eyes. He has the greatest sense of humor - and on an adult level. Not just the poopy talk that gets kids to pee their pants in laughter! (okay the potty talk is rubbing off - had to happen one of these days!)

I remember one time when he had just turned three. Brian was doing some kind of new daring acrobatic upside down contortionist move on the ottoman and breathing really hard in his attempt to join the circus. Sean walked over to him, got right in his face, and started mimicking his labored breathing - I just had to laugh. Of course, Brian got really mad because if you have a sibling you know that copying is one of the deadly sins. It measures right up there with looking to long at and touching - which, if memory serves me (stop laughing Brian), includes almost touching and about to touch. "Not touching you, still not touching you!" - ring any bells? To siblings, copying is not the ultimate source of flattery - as said by a wonderful Kindergarten teacher trying to turn a positive spin on copying for 5 and 6 year olds!

Okay not where I was going with this post - time for bed....

No comments: