Friday, September 14, 2007

Tiny, Small, Medium?

Sean wanted something from the kitchen. So I asked, "What would you like?" He said, "You know the tiny, small, medium thing." Huh? Oh, that! - what a clear description. I say, "Hmmm, not sure what that is buddy." Sean says, "You know, Mom. The thing in the kitchen that is tiny, small medium!" I say, "Sean I am sorry, I have no idea what you want." Do you want to come and show me?" Sean says, "No, you can bring it to me." I say, "I would bring it to you but I don't know what you are talking about!" Next the commercial went off the TV and Sponge Bob came on - he lost his train of thought. He never asked again and I still have no idea what he wanted.

Maybe he was dreaming something last night? That reminds me of when Brian was about two or so. He woke up searching the house for his yellow tow truck. (He didn't have a yellow tow truck - or even a tow truck.) He was so sad and upset and then got mad at me because since he couldn't find it he figured that I threw it away. He went on about it all day. Then I took him to my Mom's to run some errands and what do I find - a big yellow tow truck! What are the odds? If that is what he wanted for Christmas, I would have never found one! So, of course I had to get it for him! I took it out of the box and told him I found it at home. I think he dreamt about it the night before and in his mind he really had a yellow tow truck!

Then, Later that day, he was eating lunch and had a Power Rangers sword next to him. He says, "Mom, this is a special sword! This part shoots our fire and this part shoots out ketchup! I can cook the bad guys and then put ketchup on them!" What a way to go - at least he didn't add and then eat them! He can finally say ketchup - his pronunciation of choice - and our sometimes used to be "chep-a." Too cute.

I honestly don't know where Sean gets these things from. His Dad and brother and I are all really more on the shy and quiet side. If he didn't look so much like his brothers, I would wonder where he came from. There is never a dull moment with him - which is sometimes good and sometimes bad! I wake up wondering what he will do next!

No comments: