Wednesday, September 5, 2007

First Grade!

How my baby became a first grader, I will never know. Wasn't it just yesterday that he was swaddled in my arms? The time passes so quickly and it makes me sad. But at the same time it is so much fun to watch him grow and learn. It is neat to have big kid conversations and learn about his dreams. Last we talked, when he grew up he wanted to be a fireman, an astronaut or a pizza maker guy! Brian is such a great kid! He is very caring and compassionate - a great big brother, most of the time! He is a rule follower and seems to usually make good decisions regarding behavior in school. Which is fine with me - I would rather he acted out at home!

When I was ready to pick up Brian I had to help Sean with his shoes. He likes to lay on the floor and stick his legs straight up into the air. Not exactly easy for me - but fun for him - he does sit still! Well since his feet are up in the air and he has shorts on, I notice he has on no underwear. I put underwear out for him and saw him put them on this morning. I know he put t hem on because they were on backwards and looked like a thong with Sponge Bob on them! So I say - "Sean, where are your underwear?" He looks at me smiling and says "In the bathroom." I ask "Why?" He replies, "Because that's where I took them off!" Ugh - we are getting nowhere. I try one more time, "Sean, why did you take them off in the bathroom?" He says - "Because I had mosquitoes in my hiney and they were bothering me." I know why they were bothering him - they were on backwards but I am not sure how he got mosquitoes in there!

After school Brian didn't have much to say - typical boy. He couldn't remember what he did or who he sat next to. He didn't know what the teacher said or even something that was on the walls of the classroom. I didn't ask one word questions and tried my best to pull things out of him. But even the parenting books cannot get a kid to talk before he is ready! He did say that he was hungry all day. I won't bore you with how many times he was told to eat more breakfast!Maybe tomorrow he will be ready to share more.

first day picture
one with Sean
great smile
standing in line
walking into school

No comments: