Sunday, September 16, 2007

Sean Highlights

In the last few days Sean has done and said some crazy things - but that is par for the course around here! We looked and looked for Blankie one morning and even I was getting worried. I had to remind myself we hadn't left the house and Blankie was here earlier. He cannot move of his own free will - that I know of! So he had to be around here somewhere. I had just about given up and was getting ready to make the boys some lunch.

I went the fridge and you'll never guess what I found - Blankie! I yelled for Sean to come and look! He was so happy that he was jumping up and down and squealing wiht delight! I asked him, "Did you put Blankie in the fridge?" He said, "Yes, Blankie was too hot and he wanted to be cool." Well, there you have it!

Another day he was going potty and ran out and forgot to wash his hands and turn off the light. So I sent him back in. He was in there too long with the water running - time to go in after him! I caught him just as he was backing away from the sink- water everywhere! In our downstairs bathroom the sink and toilet are very close to one another - we call it our closet bathroom! Well, he was standing on the potty and leaning over to the sink. He was resting his hips on the side of the sink - with his pants down. I say, "Sean I hope you are not peeing in the sink!" He says, "No Mom! I was washing my peep - it had a spot on it!" I know correct terms for the anatomy are the thing to do now but I just cannot bear to hear my little kids using those terms. So when Brian was little instead of saying peeing he used to say peeping - so that is where we got "peep" from!

On Friday he was having Chicken Nuggets and Smiley fries - his meal of choice lately. He asked for eight nuggets and six fries. For some reason he has really been into counting things lately. He was eating and I asked him if I could have one nugget. He said, "No I am going to eat eight." Macie was also eating with him - she had kidney beans, noodles and apples. The phone rang, and just as I answer it, I hear laughter from the kitchen.

I go in to see Sean tossing nuggets to the dog like they were treats. Macie and Sean think that the dog jumping up to catch nuggets is the funniest thing in the world. I am hurt because my kid will toss nuggets to the dog before he will share with his Mom! I take Sean's plate away and rinse off the ketchup before putting it in the dishwasher. My back is turned and I hear laughter again. This time Macie is throwing hand-fulls of kidney beans at Roc. He is jumping up with his mouth wide open and while some beans make it into his mouth, most just hit him right in the face and head. But this doesn't stop him - he continues to take fire in hopes of catching a few treats! I have to turn away so they don't see me laughing.

I get the kitchen and Macie and Roc cleaned up and put them in the living room. As I am loading the dishwasher again, my mind goes to the movie Mr. Mom and what happens to the baby when she eats too many beans. I really hope that doesn't happen to the dog...

No comments: