Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Pre-Approval!

It was 5:50 pm and I was in the kitchen making dinner. Tomorrow will be two weeks since we sent in the doctor letter's for Brian's diabetes to our adoption agency. The woman told me it would be one or two weeks until we heard from them. I remember glancing at the clock about twenty minutes before and thinking it was after business hours, so no call today!

And then the phone rang. Brian looked at the called ID and said it was our adoption agency! My heart started to race and he was smart enough to let me answer the phone! I felt like I did when I was awaiting the results of a pregnancy test and I saw the fertility doctor's name appear on the phone. I wanted to answer so badly but then I didn't want to answer because I was so afraid of bad news.

I decided to answer and the woman asked how I was. I said, "Fine. How are you?" She replied, "I'm good, thanks." Okay, at this point I am trying to read the tone of her voice - is she happy or sad about what she has to tell me. Then it came, she said, "We reviewed the information you sent us. And I am happy to tell you that you are pre-approved for the Korea program!" I was so relieved and happy. I definitely felt lighter. It was just like someone telling me I was pregnant. But this time I will have an elephant's pregnancy - it will be almost two years until we can bring our daughter home! We are hoping for summer of 2009!

We are being sent our homestudy packet with more forms and paperwork and appointments!

I had a smile on my face the rest of the night and had trouble sleeping because I was so happy! Things are finally working out the way I wanted and the way I planned in regards to adding to our family. Life is good!

No comments: