Thursday, September 20, 2007

End of the Road

Well, sadly the Riversharks lost tonight - so the season is over. Brian Jr. was even lucky enough to chase down a foul ball! He dove into the middle of a pile of older kids and came out with the ball! He ran over to us with a huge smile - he was so proud! Then he showed us he got a cut on his knee. Brian Sr. gave him a high five and told him, "That's what you are supposed to do - get the ball at any cost!" For some reason the cut on his knee didn't really hurt. If we had been home he would have been complaining for hours and hours! Maybe next time he falls down I should toss a baseball his way!

It was Brad's last game and very emotional at the end. He came over and gave his Mom a hug and handed her his jersey. Then he took off his hat and put it on Brian Jr.! I don't think I have ever seen a bigger smile on his face. It was the hat Brad had worn all year.

Brian turned to his Dad and I and showed it to us. He let Sean try it on for a second and then asked me, "Mom do you want to try on the hat?" I said, "No thanks, you can wear it." I was polite to him but thinking "No Way!" to myself. You should see the hat - worn all summer in a million degree weather. The hat is dark blue and had white marks all over it from the sweat. Yea, sure plop that right on my head, no problem. But the blood, sweat, and tears is what makes it so special to Brian. But then again he will touch his Dad's shoes too!


wishing Brad luck before the game
Sean and "Blankie"
Brian Sr., Justin and Finley
Brian and the foul ball
Brian and Brad's hat

No comments: