Sunday, September 9, 2007

Bonus Day!

It has been a busy weekend and I have been running around like crazy. Soccer and a birthday party on Saturday and then CCD and Justin's baptism today. This morning I was running around trying to get last minute things done. Things like cleaning the bathroom - which has to be done last minute because there are three boys peeing in my house. And the odds are that one or more of them will miss if given enough time.

We were having a little BBQ after the Baptism and so I was straightening and cleaning etc. For some reason, I always seem to forget a few things. Like plates. I bought cute napkins that were blue with a cross on them. Why I didn't buy plates at the same time, I don't know. Probably because the napkins were on sale but not the plates and I figured that I could save a few bucks if I just bought some plain blue ones at Walmart.

So, I go to the cabinet in the dining room where we keep the left over party supplies. Wow! What do you know - a few blue plates. Not quite enough, but then I found some yellow and green. I figure they all go together, after all blue and yellow make green! I can rationalize almost anything in a pinch. Problem solved. Then I realize I don't have cake plates. More searching. Double Wow! - a few plates that match the napkins left over from Sean's Baptism! Again not quite enough but the kids will like Darth Vader, right? ( I really tried but couldn't find a way to relate Darth Vader to a Baptism - unless maybe he was Catholic and had once been baptised. Okay really reaching, I know!)

Still getting ready for the Baptism and I run down the basement to get something. The reason I say something is because by the time I made it down one flight of steps, I had forgotten what I was looking for! Don't laugh - you know you have all been there! I decide to give up and then realize that I never unloaded the dryer last night. I figure that I can at least do something productive while I am down here and turn the dryer back on in hopes of eliminating some wrinkles.

Back upstairs to the kitchen. Ugh! The camera - it is down by the computer and I wanted to charge the batteries for a while. Down the steps again - trip over some action figures. Realize I have not yet cleaned the basement - but no time for that. I will just make the kids play out back. I spot the bowls for chips and pretzels and run them back to the kitchen. I am proud of myself for putting the bags in the bowls that they will later go into. It will make things easier when we get back from church!

Church! Camera! Back downstairs and this time I get half way down and Sean is calling me to come wipe him! So, I turn around and head back up. After wiping, I wind up in the dining room to look for plastic forks and knives. I found them rather quickly! Back down to check the wash. I walk toward the washer and Brian is upstairs screaming. Turn around and head up again!

He was fighting with Sean about something to do with getting dressed-up for church. Sean wanted to wear his clothes from yesterday - complete with milk and cookie stains. He had on his favorite yellow shorts - and I have to admit that he has worn them for a day or two in a row before . Um, to be honest maybe three or four days in a row? Four days is my limit! Ha!. Pick your battles. But, he was not wearing them to the Baptism. And I remembered to tell him no rain boots before he even asked!

Okay - after a few minutes I remembered that I was headed downstairs for something before the screaming. So, I decide to go down and try to jog my memory. I fail. But then the dryer sounds remind me that I can fold some laundry. On the way to the laundry room, I spot the camera by the computer! Woo-hoo! I pick it up right away so I don't forget again. Then on the way up the steps, I stub my toe and bend over to rub it.

As I lift my head, I see the bottle of maple syrup from this morning on the kitchen floor under the edge of the cabinet. I am so happy that Sean didn't pick it up when I told him to! The mission was not only a success (camera) but a two-for-one! The original reason I went to the basement was to get waffles from the downstairs freezer for my breakfast - only a few hours late! Bonus!

No comments: