Monday, September 24, 2007

Sean's Apple Picking

Sean had his first school trip today! We went apple picking. He had a great time but it was, to me, a lot of money ($11 for each of us) for a seven minute hayride and he and I only got to pick four apples! So that is $22 for 8 apples and a hayride! Then the cool playground they had was an additional charge - we have several free ones near home, so no playground! At least feeding the animals was included. They said the cost of bus transportation has gone up a lot this year.

"Feeding" the animals consisted of grabbing handfuls of corn and shoving it down a chute. I know with disease that "petting zoos" aren't safe anymore but the poor animals weren't even hungry. So, the kids ran around and dropped corn down the PVC pipe chutes. It piled up in a big mountain as the animals sleepily stared! How fun is that?

Maybe the kids really did have fun and I am just an old party pooper. Ooops, that bathroom humor is still rubbing off on me - I just cannot escape it! Maybe it is because I have been to this farm about ten times to go apple and pumpkin picking. Poor Justin, I probably won't let him sign up at all!

But being the car seat fanatic that I am, I didn't let Sean ride on the bus. So, we still got charged for it. He is still in a five-point harness type car seat and I just couldn't put him on a bus in a lap belt! The teachers did try to talk me out of it. And someone that overheard the conversation actually said I could probably fit the baby carrier with Justin on the bus so I could ride with Sean! Yikes!

He has a the same trip planned in a few weeks but instead of apples they are doing pumpkins, Sean will not be attending that one.

picking apples
big tractor wheel
feeding the animals
Go Tau Sig!
Chicken facts


No comments: