Sunday, September 30, 2007

Nicknames

I was thinking the other day about nicknames. I am not sure why but all of the boys have "B" nicknames - Brian is Bear, Sean is Biscuit and Justin is Bambooie. Then I remembered that Brian Sr.'s Dad used to call him Boo because he had big wide eyes and he always looked scared. Hmm, the only nickname I ever had was Brownie (my maiden name is Brown). I guess that mean all of us have "B" nicknames! The dog is the odd man out - he is Roc Wizzer - he got this name because of how often he marks his territory when we got for walks. By the end of a walk he still lifts his leg - it must be out of habit because there is nothing left to mark with!

It is funny because I call both Brians "Bri" yet that is not really a name, and Sean gets Seany and that is also not really a name. My brother had a friend growing up whose name was Evan - his Mom wanted a name with no nicknames. Yep, you guessed it, my brother called him Ev!

So, I guess we had better start coming up with some "B" nicknames for Kathryn Julia when she arrives home! Or maybe it will just hit us when we see her. Maybe we should ask Sean - where he came up with Jusitn Bambooie I will never know! I just called Jusitn Booger Beans too - maybe that is an option for Kathryn! That is two "B" names! Bonus!

No comments: