Friday, September 21, 2007

Ice Cream Melts

I open Brian Jr.'s lunchbox and find a chocolate explosion. I was on the playground after school and of course all of the other Mom's there were laughing at me. Well, not laughing at me but with me! Then I show the lunch box to my sister-in-law and she laughs. My nephew Chris walks over and runs his finger along the inside of the lunch box. He then puts his finger in his mouth and says, "Mmmm, chocolate!" Yuck, gross, disgusting - fill in any adjective you like.

I call to Brian and ask him what happened. He says, "I didn't finish all of my ice cream and wanted to bring it home." I say, "Um, didn't you think it would melt?" He says, "No there was an ice pack in there." I put one of those re-freezable ice packs to keep his lunch cool and I guess he thought that was the same as a freezer! Ugh! Thankfully all the chocolate did wash out and we didn't have to buy a new lunch box!

As you will notice from the pictures, he also brings home a lot of trash. I don't know why he feels the need to do this. He still hasn't figured out one thing that the older kids have, though. If I pack him something healthy like carrot sticks, sometimes he eats some and sometimes he doesn't. Either way he brings them home and I can say, "Why didn't you eat your carrots or cucumber etc.?" If he was smart he would throw them away and tell me he ate them!

If he buys lunch, I still pack him a few snacks and a juice because the lunch only comes with milk, and he doesn't like milk, and is $2.10. He can also buy tickets for juice but they are $1.25! Okay $2.10 is a great price for lunch but $1.25 for juice - no thanks!

And when he buys lunch he still brings home some of that in his lunch box! I have found rolls, pieces of a soft pretzel, chips, salsa and nachos (luckily the salsa was in a sealed container), fries, and fruit. He will bring home a bag that had cookies or chips with one little crumb left in it! I guess I should be thankful that he is not throwing away good food - but I usually throw away most of it that night!

chocolate here...
and there...


and everywhere!
the trash heap


No comments: