Tuesday, September 4, 2007

100 Things About Me

On some of my infertility bulletin boards we have started posting things to try to help others to better understand who we are. Here are a few things you might not have known about me:

1. I love to be barefoot and at the same time also love to buy shoes
2. I have 26 nieces and nephews
3. Brian and I dated 10 months before getting engaged
4. I was married 2 days short of exactly 30 years after my parents
5. I take pictures of my kids so often that they yell at me for it
6. I have a teaching degree but have never used it
7. I have been to Spain
8. I don't like my birthstone - emerald, but love diamonds and sapphires
9. I am not afraid to speak my mind and also know when to keep my mouth shut
10. I love all shades of the color blue and the number 2
11. I have had 6 miscarriages
12. My favorite smell is Johnson's Baby Lotion
13. I love to fall asleep to the sound of rain on the roof
14. My biggest pet peeve is kids with no manners or respect for people or things
15. Mean and selfish people make me sick
16. I love comfortable, old, hooded sweatshirts
17. I am definitely an optimist
18. I have one brother, 6 brother-in-laws and 7 sister-in-laws
19. My Mom is one of my best friends
20. I still learn from my Mom everyday
21. I love Friends re-runs
22. I love reality TV - Survivor, Big Brother, Amazing Race
23. I have watched American Idol for all the seasons but never voted once
25. I love things neat and organized
26. My birthday is May 21
27. Brian and I started dating after he saved me from a bad blind date
28. I love flip-flops
29. I went to the same elementary and high schools that my mom did
30. I grew up in the same house that my mom did
31. I am surrounded by boys at home - 3 sons, a husband, a dog and a fish!
32. I have a soft spot for animals
33. I think stuffed animals have feelings
34. I love Dunkin' Dounuts coffee - always decaf with cream and Splenda
35. I get migraines from caffeine and pregnancy hormones
36. I have PCOS (poly cystic ovary syndrome)
37. I have psoriasis on my scalp
38. I love to buy strollers and diaper bags
39. There are a ton of exercise videos in my basement that never get used
40. Those videos are next to a dusty treadmill
41. I love to take baths
42. I love to read
43. I have read all of the Harry Potter books
44. My shoe size is 8 1/2
45. Kids laughing is my favorite sound
46. I had braces from 7th to 9th grade
47. I wore a back brace for scoliosis from 7th to 9th grade
48. I was a very shy kid
49. I don't like to talk to food delivery people on the phone
50. I love to write fiction
51. I have written a children's book called No Dogs Allowed
52. I found out there is already a book by the same name
53. I enjoy cooking and baking
54. Christmas is my favorite holiday
55. I know all of my 26 nieces and nephews birthdays
56. I love Chinese and Italian foods
57. I make Italian food with Ragu out of a jar
58. I love driving a mini van
59. I am not good with make-up or hair styling
60. I cut my boys' hair
61. I have been married for 8 years
62. I never had a dishwasher until 2005
63. I have started a second book called MJ
64. I LOVE the beach
65. My favorite laundry detergent is Tide
66. I love rides that make your stomach jump
67. I have been bungee jumping
68. I have one tattoo and want another
69. I love being pregnant and never got morning sickness
70. We are in the process of adopting a girl from Korea
71. I wear sunscreen on my face almost everyday
72. My middle name is Lynn
73. My parents almost named me Kristi
74. I had a great childhood
75. I never got in trouble in school
76. I would like to have a Hybrid car/van
77. I love to make lists and to cross things off
78. I love to shop
79. I scrapbook but I am years behind
80. I don't think bathroom humor is funny...
81. Everyone else in my house does
82. I graduated high school in 1990
83. I have blue eyes and so do my boys and husband
84. I love storage totes
85. My checkbook is balanced to the penny every month
86. My favorite flower is the tulip
87. I don't like to be tickled
88. I have had 3 c-sections
89. Planes, Trains and Automobiles is my favorite movie
90. I cannot watch My Dog Skip
91. I don't like to run but will walk for miles and miles
92. The chore I most dread is wash
93. I always buy more than is on my grocery list
94. I have more food than I need in the fridge and pantry
95. I always use Pampers diapers and Huggies wipes
96. I have never been west of the Mississippi
97. I was in sorority in college - Tau Sigma Gamma
98. I breast fed all the boys
99. I am on the cusp between Taurus and Gemini, so I read both horoscopes
100. I love being a stay-at-home Mom

No comments: